Certifications & Licensures
- Therapeutic Optometrist
- Certified Optometric Glaucoma Specialist
- Licensed in Oklahoma with the ability to perform a few laser procedures and minor procedures to the ocular adnexa
- 06/09 – Present Therapeutic Optometrist, Texarkana Eye Associates
Performing routine eye exams, biannual ocular disease testing (macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, etc.). Training technicians, various technical support (diagnostic equipment repair, computer repair, general maintenance, etc.). Low vision examinations (trial frame refractions, ophthalmic device training, prescribing bioptics, and other telescopes/microscopes). Surfacing/edging lenses.
- 01/09 – 01/10 Donor Technician, Louisiana Lions Eye Bank
Responsible for screen family members, submitting blood samples for analysis, examining the body and ocular tissue, excision of the cornea and/or globe, preserving the tissue, grading the tissue, and coordinating with ophthalmologists for tissue transfer.
- 03/03 – 08/07 Emergency Department Technician (Nationally Registered EMT-Basic), Desoto Regional Healthcare System
Screening incoming patients, implementing invasive care (IV insertion and titrating associated medication, drawing blood samples, administering IM medication, assisting in CPR as part of the “Code Team”, assisting in basic procedures such as suturing, chest tube insertion, intubating, and performing respiratory therapist duties after hours (breathing treatments and EKG’s)
- 10/01 – 05/13 Combat Medic, Louisiana National Guard
Responsible for evaluating and treating patients in an aid station environment. This evaluation included the full spectrum of routine ailments to repairing lacerations. Also, was deployed to Iraq in 2004 as a combat medic and treated numerous trauma patients while implement life-saving protocols. Responsible for educating other soldiers in Basic Life-Saving Procedures and tracking inventories.
- 06/13 Doctor of Optometry: O.D.
Inter-American University of Puerto Rico School of Optometry
- 06/09 Bachelor of Science with Concentration in Cellular and Molecular Biology
Louisiana State University – Shreveport