Shah Eye Center is back to full operations including surgeries, eye exams and filling contacts and eyewear prescriptions. iOptical is also open in all locations. However, we have protocols in place to help keep you safe.
Ten Protocols to Keep COVID-19 From Spreading
- We ask our patients to wear masks at all times during your visit for your protection as well as our doctors and staff.
- Our offices are set up to maintain social distancing standards. If necessary, we will ask you to wait in your vehicle, and you will be called on your cell phone when it’s time to be seen.
- Hand sanitizers are being used in each exam room by staff. We ask our patients to also use hand sanitizer when transferring to another waiting room or exam area. And, we practice social distancing.
- Keyboards in exam rooms are wiped down with disinfectant after each patient visit.
- Exam room equipment such as chairs, slit lamps, phoropters, chin rests, headrests, light switches, and doorknobs are sprayed with Lysol and/or wiped down with 70% alcohol after each patient.
- Doctors and technicians are required to use hand sanitizer after each patient.
- Pens are being sanitized or given to patient.
- Waiting room chairs are being disinfected.
- We are actively cleaning common area countertops and devices.
- Optical frames are wiped after each patient handles them.
“We can help keep each other safe by working together.”
Dr. Pankaj Shah